When you are planning your dream home, there are a number of variables that you need to think carefully about. Whether you already own acreage or you are considering a purchase, the investment in your family’s future home requires some important decisions. Be sure to consider the following when choosing between the available acreage home designs.
Location, Location, Location
If you are in the market for land, remember the importance of buying in the right place. Think about the following issues before finalizing a purchase:
- Acreage is amazing, but be sure the size is appropriate for the lifestyle you envision for yourself and your family.
- Consider the practical issues, like commute time and proximity to neighbors and amenities.
- Consider the property orientation and views.
Important Property Details
You may think you’ve found the perfect plot of land, but there are a number of important physical details to look into, including the following:
- Ensure the property has proper soil and drainage.
- Investigate easements.
- Learn about mineral rights on the land.
- Find out about available utilities, including electricity, cable, gas, and telephone. You’ll also want to ensure your cell service extends to the new property.
New House Planning
Once you have your land, it’s time to investigate acreage home designs Sydney. Now you can start thinking about the fun stuff. Answers to these questions will help you to design the house that’s perfect for your needs.
- Define your dreams. Ask yourself some questions, such as:
- What will life in the new house look like?
- What activities will be enjoyed in the house? (Video games, board games, movies, puzzles, music?)
- Do you enjoy the outdoors?
- Do you cook? What features do you need in your kitchen?
- Do you entertain often?
- Do you enjoy porch time?
- How much and what types of storage do you need?
- Define your terms. Looking at the answer to the above questions, what are your non-negotiables and what can be removed?
- Define your budget. This may be based on the estimated costs of the acreage home designs Sydney that appeal to you, or a mathematical computation of what you can afford. However you determine your budget ceiling, be realistic and honest about what you plan to spend.
Find a Builder
Once you’ve decided on a budget and have a list of features you want, you need to investigate the acreage home builders Sydney who will make your dreams into a reality. Here are some suggestions for finding a quality builder:
- Look into the builder’s online reputation. Look at more than just the number of stars. Read comments, including praise and complaints.
- Talk with previous customers. A good builder will give you a list on request. Ask detailed questions about building details, communication, and responsiveness to issues and requests, especially after closing.
- Talk with local banks, especially those that deal with construction loans. They will have some good suggestions about the popular and quality builders.
Purchasing acreage and building your dream home is an exciting process. If you conduct your due diligence, asking the right questions in the land buying and evaluating of acreage home designs, you will make the right choices and end up with a valuable investment in your future.